Position Announcement for a Position at the University of Regensburg
With over 21,000 students, the University of Regensburg is an innovative and interdisciplinarily oriented campus university with a wide range of research activities and a broad range of courses for young people from home and abroad. At the Chair of School Research, School Development, and Evaluation at the University of Regensburg, a position is available within an international cooperation project, to be filled at the earliest possible date as a Web Developer (PHP).
The position is full-time (40.1 hours per week) and runs until 31 October 2021. Remuneration is based on the German TV-L pay group 13.
Description of the project:
The position is in a cooperation project for the research and conception of an international online mentoring program in STEM. The cooperation project is lead by the Chair of School Research, School Development, and Evaluation at the University of Regensburg (Prof. Dr. Heidrun Stöger), the Chair of Educational Psychology and Excellence Research at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg (Prof. Drs. Albert Ziegler), and the Hamdan Foundation for Distinguished Academic Performance (Dubai, UAE). The common goal of the planned research project in Regensburg is the scientifically sound development of an international online mentoring program in which talented students are supported during their development of excellence in STEM by mentors (academics from around the world who work in a STEM field). An online platform with suitable communication tools and STEM-promotion offers is being programmed and tested. Extensive usability studies are also planned to optimize the design of the platform.
Your tasks (in backend and frontend development):
• Tasks in the area of backend development include supporting the IT department in the conception and implementation of the administration area of the project. This requires comprehensive knowledge in the following areas:
- project management and requirements management, as well as
- system design.
• Tasks in the area of frontend development:
- the design and maintenance of the website to be developed (usability; responsive design; graphics processing) and,
- if your focus is on the human–machine interface, the co-conception, implementation, and evaluation of usability studies.
• Completed scientific university studies (Master’s degree) in the field of computer science or comparable disciplines
• Knowledge of content management systems, especially Drupal
• Knowledge of databases (SQL)
• Good command of spoken and written English
• An open-minded, international team as well as a friendly and open working atmosphere
• Varied, interesting tasks involving the assumption of responsibility
The University of Regensburg is particularly committed to the compatibility of family and career (more information at http://www.uni-regensburg.de/chancengleichheit). With essentially the same suitability, severely disabled applicants will be hired preferentially. Please indicate a severe disability in your application, if applicable. Please note that we cannot cover any costs you may incur in the context of an interview.
Data-protection information can be read here: https://www.uni-regensburg.de/verwaltung/medien/dokumente/datenschutz_stellenausschreibungen.pdf
- Imprescindible Residir: Province
- Idioma: Inglés (Alto)
- Experiencia: 1 año
- Formación Mínima: Licenciado
- Nivel Profesional: Empleado
- Tipo contrato: Temporal
- Jornada: Jornada completa
- Salario: No especificado