We are looking for a technical operations engineer who combines her/his experience in networking, distributed systems, container-based services with good communicative skills to work with us on our mission-critical cloud services for law enforcement and businesses.
You will work together with our developers and our remote technical operations team to ensure the stability, maintainability, security, performance and scalability of our cloud services.
You also have an important role in several on-premises projects, where our software is installed in the datacenters of our law enforcement clients. You will be responsible for the deployment plan and will discuss infrastructure requirements with the customer or technical partners.
Our services currently run on multi-node Hadoop and Elastic-search clusters and in distributed Docker containers. We run on Linux and most of our software is in Java.
Web-IQ provides products and expertise in the area of Web Intelligence. Our customers are national and international companies and law enforcement agencies. We allow them to use the wealth of information from the open internet, dark web and social media to gain new insights into their business, solve crime and overall improve their effectiveness and efficiency.
This means that on the one hand we build exciting products around web crawling, big data, search and machine learning. On the other hand, we also work closely with our customers to gain domain specific insights and collaboratively explore and develop data analysis.
What we ask of you
- Computer science degree or equivalent academic or professional background.
- 3+ years of industry experience.
- Strong technical knowledge across a variety of systems, including Linux, NOSQL databases (we use HBase, Cassandra and Titan and related systems like Hadoop, HDFS, Elasticsearch), Docker, Mesos and/or Kubernetes.
- Experience with running distributed stacks at cloud providers like AWS, Azure or others.
- Driven to set-up a reliable, flexible, and easy to maintain systems.
- Not afraid to take a little dive into code when needed.
- Working in a motivated, creative and energetic team.
- Working for inspiring international customers and clients.
- A good salary.
- The opportunity to learn a lot about running mission-critical dsitributed cloud services and to improve our services with your ideas and insights.
- A nice working place in the Mediacentrale in Groningen.
- Imprescindible Residir: País Puesto
- Idioma: Inglés (Excelente)
- Experiencia: 3-5 años
- Formación Mínima: Licenciado
- Nivel Profesional: Especialista
- Tipo contrato: Indefinido
- Jornada: Jornada completa
- Salario: No especificado