Perfil del Candidato / Datos del Puesto
On behalf of Thomas Cook, Ciklum is looking for a Senior Technical Tester to join Malaga team on a full-time basis. This is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting Team that delivers a standard-bearing product within the travel industry.
You will be part of a development team involved in designing and building large java applications based on Solr that scale to millions of customers, billions of pounds in revenue and thousands of requests per minute.
• Able to develop maintainable, high-quality, and efficient automated scripts in Java and performance tests that meet requirements
• Design and performing automated acceptance tests written in a behavior-driven development style (Cucumber, jBehave)
• Understanding of QA processes, approaches, methodologies and software development lifecycle, and ability to apply the knowledge into daily operation
• Experience producing key test assets (requirements gathering, test plans, test reports)
• Experience with software testing (Functional, Integration, Regression, and User Acceptance, Risk based testing)
• Experience with testing APIs and Back-End Services (REST, SOAP, AMQP)
• Experience with SoapUI
• Experience with Performance/Load testing and measure performance (jMeter, LoadRunner, etc.)
• Familiar with continuous integration (jenkins) and source control systems such as git/github
• Knowledge of Agile Scrum process and how it pertains to the QA life cycle
• Experience with Linux or other UNIX-like OS’s
• Fluent spoken and written English
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• High level of attention to details
• Ability to keep a high level overview of the complete solution and understand the business value
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and drive independently or collaboratively with team on solutions, positive approach to difficulties and imaginative problem solver
The team is responsible for the search engine powering the main eCommerce platform of Thomas Cook. It consists of websites in multiple markets where Thomas Cook operates. The search engine (Solr) exposes several web services to the front-end. Team’s responsibilities: maintain, optimise and expand these web services and the processes that create the search indexes; business configuration tools, including a web-based UI; tools for operational management of the whole system.
The back-end services are high-performance, highly available clustered Java applications with replicated and partitioned storage. Business configuration tools - mainly Java. Operational tools - a mix of Java and Python. Java technologies - Mule and JSF.
Your main focus points: functional correctness of the developed solutions and performance. Performance is critical to the success of the search solution of Thomas Cook.
Work process - Agile Scrum (2 week sprints, 2 week delivery, testers in the team, devops in the team to automate deployment and the usual scrum ceremonies); close collaboration and direct communication with eCommerce platform teams that also work on Scrum.
• Produce high-quality test assets (sprint testing)
• Ensure the quality of all product releases
• Actively drive the on-going improvement of the testing process, knowledge, quality and best practices
• Maintain good visibility of all testing activities with the team and key stakeholders
• Appropriately document, flag, communicate and timely resolve the detected key issues
• Ensure the constant improvement of solution performance
• Increase the number of automated Testing/QA scenarios
What´s in it for you?
• Challenging project
• State of the art, centrally located offices with great working conditions
• Work directly with client
• Competitive salary
• Career and professional growth
• Work in a big and successful company
• Long-term employment with 23 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits