We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer for our USM Engineering Team. The ideal candidate will become a core part of a team of talented engineers building innovative security software products. This is a highly technical position for someone that is comfortable working on a fast-paced release cycle.
The ideal candidate has a breadth of experience helping architect and develop large, distributed software systems with big data systems experience. Experience architecting and developing systems with the C programming language required. Experience programming in Python, Perl and other languages is a big plus. And of course, if you have an interest and/or background in security, we should talk.
AlienVault builds security software for global customers throughout North/South America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. Besides having the opportunity to work for an award-winning company offering an award-winning product, you´ll have a chance to work with some of the brightest minds in the security industry.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Collaborating with other senior technology leaders to develop architectural roadmaps while providing expertise on the platform architecture.
- Designing system architecture and software components that align with AlienVault´s business strategies and objectives.
- Provide expertise on engineering best practices, standards, architectural approaches and complex technical resolutions for processes.
- Oversee quality improvement using Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) efforts to ensure that deliverables are secure, scalable and reliable.
- Work closely with the CTO/SVP Engineering and Engineering Team Leaders to plan and execute software engineering development cycles in an Agile environment.
- Lead and build strong global software development engineering teams and a strong, positive software engineering culture.
- All other duties and responsibilities and may be assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 3+ years software development and architecture experience.
- 3+ years C experience.
- Strong background in solving concurrency and horizontal scalability problems.
- Experience architecting and developing distributed systems.
- Experience building / consuming REST APIs.
- Experience with SQL database systems.
- Strong data analysis skills leveraging various technologies.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and ability to excel as part of a geographically diverse team.
- Comfortable with Agile development practices like unit tests, and code reviews.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in compiling tools such as autotools, makefile, gcc, ...
- Experience in debugging tools such as Valgrind, gdb, ...
- Experience in socket programming.
- Experience with other programming languages (Python, Perl, Bash, ...) is a plus
- Experience in GLib Object System is a plus.
- Experience in distributed configuration tools: Ansible, rabbitMq, Celery, ... is a plus.
- Experience in multithreading & concurrent programming is a plus.
- Experience in networking tools (Tcpdump, Wireshark, ...) is a plus.
- Experience compiling and packaging Debian packages is a plus.
- Familiarity with open source security tools: OSSEC, OpenVas, Suricata, Nmap, Nfsen, ...
- Other tools: Git, Jira, Jenkins, IntelliJ IDEA, ...
WHAT YOU GET:
- A competitive compensation that includes base salary + equity.
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, and accident insurance.
- Flexible benefits (lunch, childcare, and travel).
- The opportunity to build innovative, scalable technologies with the global leader in unified security management.
- Work with a company that has been won numerous industry awards.
- Idioma: Inglés (Alto)
- Experiencia: 3 años
- Formación Mínima: Grado EEES (Bolonia)
- Nivel Profesional: Empleado
- Número de puestos: 3
- Tipo contrato: Indefinido
- Jornada: Jornada completa
- Honorarios: No especificado
- Incentivos: Tickets Restaurant, Seguros privados, ...
- Otras Provincias: Barcelona , Ciudad Real , Madrid , Málaga y Sevilla