About this vacancy
CS /webworks is looking to set up a permanent Valencia-based branch of this Dutch company with initially three to four software developers.
In the initial phase, which is to start in November/December, we will invite you over to the Netherlands for one or two weeks, to meet the Dutch team and to get to know each other. Back in Valencia, you will work (together with our Spanish partner Fruzzel and the Dutch development team) on a project of rewriting an existing application. Following that, new projects and continuous development on existing projects will be taken on. At all times, we will ensure that there is proper guidance.
NOTE: You will be employed by the Dutch company CS /webworks and not Fruzzel.
About CS /webworks
Based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, CS /webworks is an ambitious, stable niche software development company. We develop high-performance web applications for international clients in various industries.
We pride ourselves in understanding our clients’ desires, and designing advanced high-volume Business-to-Business applications for capturing, processing and reporting on data. In addition, we have a decent score on the Joel Spolski test: we use source control, deploy often and with ease, and have clear specs written in our issue tracker; we are generally in control!
Working for CS
Working for CS in Valencia means you will be working in close contact with our other developers back in the Netherlands. The threshold for communication is very low, due to Slack and video conferencing tools.
- Being part of a small team, your input is vital and we encourage you to explore your talents and ideas
- We like to go on awesome company trips (For example to: CERN, Chernobyl, Chamonix)
- Professional and stable work environment
- Competitive salary
Common prerequisites for developers:
- Communicative, plays well with others
- Medium to good English skills (or Dutch), even if you are not fluent you can still express yourself
- Analytical thinker
- You already have a work permit to work in Valencia, Spain
Senior .Net developer
You are a full stack developer with a primary focus on the database. You are able to determine possible performance issues before they arise and can design scalable applications as well as improve upon existing applications. You know what the possibilities and impossibilities of your database are and how changes affect the application that works with it. Generally, your work stops at the API, but when need arises you know your way at creating user interfaces too (be it MVC, Asp.Net forms, or something exotic as ColdFusion). You can estimate the effort to achieve a task and can help other in achieving their goals too.
- Affinity with SQL server
- Fluent in .Net /C#
- Used to working with high-volume, data-centric web applications
- Knowledge of ORMs and/or code generation
- Affinity with the web
- Experience with working in teams
- Knowledge of Adobe Coldfusion (some applications will be ported)
- Project Management experience
- Salary indication 25-35k a year, depending on your experience and skillset
All applicants will be contacted within a week. If your application has been selected for an interview, you will receive an email to set up a time as soon as possible. First interviews will be conducted via Skype or Hangouts. For all positions, we will ask you to complete a job-related assessment later on in the recruitment process.
Acquisition regarding these vacancies is not appreciated.
- Imprescindible Residir: Spain
- Idioma: Inglés (Medio)
- Experiencia: 2 años
- Formación Mínima: Bachillerato/COU
- Nivel Profesional: Empleado
- Tipo contrato: Indefinido
- Jornada: Jornada completa
- Honorarios: 24.000€ - 36.000 € Bruto/año