Perfil del Candidato / Datos del Puesto
We are looking for a Senior Back-end Developer to join one of their back-end scrum teams ( in The Netherlands or Berlin) responsible for the smooth running of the ordering process at their partner restaurants. Together with your team you develop exciting features for different data domains (discounts, orders, payment methods, etc.), making their customers happy with a super fast food delivery.
You will work with a microservice architecture, building small, one-purpose components that communicate with each other within a complex system. You will use your expertise concerning continuous integration, RESTful APIs, MicroServices and other related key topics. You’ll explore new technologies and share your insights with your team, all with the aim of creating a unique level of convenience for the Takeaway end-users.
What you will need:
• 3 - 5 years of work experience in one of their core programming languages (PHP, Java, C++, Node.js)
• Knowledge of a microservice environment (Consul, Kafka, Docker, Marathon)
• Proven experience with J2EE and programming in Java within a multithreaded linux environment
• Proven experience with continuous integration and writing test cases
• Positive and solutions-oriented mindset, you like to get things done
• An international, energetic, hyper-growth environment
• Open culture and freedom to come up with fresh ideas and initiatives
• Latest equipment of choice (MacOS, Linux, Windows)
• Conferences and courses, so you can stay up to date with the latest technical stuff
• Communities and practices for internal knowledge sharing
• PS4 and Friday-afternoon beers
• A year contract with intention to transfer to a permanent contract
• A competitive salary including 8% holiday allowance
• Pension plan 50% paid by Takeaway.com
• Travel allowance (1st class if you go by train)
• 25 holidays a year on a full-time basis
Óscala is a dynamic and effective IT recruitment agency that international Software Developers can trust as a full-service entry to exciting, challenging IT jobs in Holland.
As a leading Food delivery brand Takeaway.com is the one of the most successful European internet companies. More than 99% of the Takeaway.com revenue is generated in five leading Markets – the Netherlands, Germany, Poland, Belgium and Austria. In all of their Leading Markets, the Takeaway.com brands have the highest top op mind brand awareness of all food delivery websites, including the chain restaurants.
Takeaway.com works with participating restaurants that deliver food themselves, with the Takeaway.com platform serving as a source of orders and facilitating the online payment process for them.
The single global technology platform of Takeaway.com has been developed and enhanced over the last 15 years, what enables them to continuously increase the network of partner restaurants, the number of consumers and the quality of delivery. Scrum and agile comes naturally to Takeaway.com and they are excited about the fact that what is build today will be used tomorrow.
The Takeaway.com platform is designed to deliver best in class experience to both consumers and restaurants. They still see a lot of opportunities to expand internationally, so if you want to make a difference by helping them continuously improve their technology and become a part of it’s success.