We are looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails developer to join our team.
Our dedicated Ruby on Rails team is part of the larger Product Development team, and every Ruby on Rails developer can make an enormous impact.
The company we are part of is established and profitable and present in 50+ countries and has one of its core development centers here in Granada, Spain where we design and develop our HR Service and Payroll Solutions for our worldwide enterprise clients.
As a senior Ruby on Rails developer here, you’ll take ownership of features and projects, working with other developers and product owners to evaluate, design, and implement from top to bottom. You’ll make architecture decisions, debate them with other smart developers, implement with good specs, and help ensure that we’re building clean, maintainable, intuitive applications.
We work in an agile, iteration-¬driven way using tools like Visual Studio to master our backlog together with the other development teams using different technologies like .NET and Angular in agile oriented way with a twist of Scrum.
We believe in taking time to do things right, while emphasizing productivity and flexibility. The solutions our teams are building will enable global companies to run HR better.
• Develop enhancements to the application using Ruby on Rails. Enhancements include Time and Attendance Tracking, Document Management using Non-SQL DB, Employee Self Service, Payslip Viewer, Social Media integration, Notification handling, Mobile access
• Review and optimize the codebase as part of continuous improvement
• Integrate application with our ESB (WebMethods), AIM (Forgerock), New Relic and our automated pipeline from a technical aspect. And integrate functionally with state of the art HRIS Enterprise software (e.g. Workday, Successfactors, Oracle Fusion), NGA Payroll Systems and NGA next generation HR Experience Platform.
• Exposing the core functionality with high volume, fast response optimized API
• Publish and Maintain Web Services
• Support Bug-fixing and troubleshooting application errors and exceptions on different environments.
• Maintain Ruby on Rails code. Implement upgrades, patches, code releases and database changes.
• Involved in requirements gathering, design and analysis, development, and quality assurance of the overall deliveries.
• Collaborate and coordinate the work with development team in Spain
• Good English communication skills
Required Skills and Experience
• You have 8+ years of web development experience
• You have 3+ years experience architecting and building scalable web apps with Ruby on Rails
• You have a solid understanding of the full web technology stack
• You have experience working with databases and key-value stores such as Postgres and MongoDB
• You TDD everything you do (we use Cucumber)
• You are familiar with unit testing, integration and functional testing scope and concepts.
• You have experience working with Nginx, Redis
• You are proficient using Git and version control
• You have experience working with agile processes/techniques such as Scrum and XP
• You are comfortable working with a distributed/dispersed team
• You are comfortable with good coding design principles like SOLID and DRY
• Experience estimating budgets and timelines
• Experience consulting directly with clients
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to meet deadlines
• You are a team player and can lead a team
• You are fluent in English.
- Idioma: Inglés (Alto)
- Experiencia: 3-5 años
- Formación Mínima: Grado EEES (Bolonia)
- Nivel Profesional: Empleado
- Tipo contrato: Indefinido
- Jornada: Jornada completa
- Honorarios: No especificado