We are seeking a Software Engineer for our USM Engineering Team. The ideal candidate will become a core part of a team of talented engineers building innovative security software products. This is a highly technical position for someone that is comfortable working on a fast-paced release cycle.
The ideal candidate has a breadth of experience helping architect and develop large, distributed software systems with big data systems experience. Experience architecting and developing systems with Python programming language required. Experience programming in C, Perl and other languages is a big plus. And of course, if you have an interest and/or background in security, we should talk.
AlienVault builds security software for global customers throughout North/South America, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Besides having the opportunity to work for an award-winning company offering an award-winning product, you´ll have a chance to work with some of the brightest minds in the security industry.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Collaborating with other senior technology leaders to develop architectural roadmaps while providing expertise on the platform architecture.
- Designing system architecture and software components that align with AlienVault´s business strategies and objectives.
- Provide expertise on engineering best practices, standards, architectural approaches and complex technical resolutions for processes.
- Oversee quality improvement using Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) efforts to ensure that deliverables are secure, scalable and reliable.
- Work closely with the CTO/SVP Engineering and Engineering Team Leaders to plan and execute software engineering development cycles in an Agile environment.
- Lead and build strong global software development engineering teams and a strong, positive software engineering culture.
- All other duties and responsibilities and may be assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2+ years software development and architecture experience.
- 2+ years Python experience.
- Experience architecting and developing distributed systems.
- Experience building / consuming REST APIs.
- Strong data analysis skills leveraging various technologies.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and ability to excel as part of a geographically diverse team.
- Comfortable with Agile development practices like unit tests and code reviews.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with python frameworks, especially Flask.
- Experience in socket programming.
- Experience in distributed configuration tools: Ansible, rabbitMq, Celery, ... is a plus.
- Experience in multithreading & concurrent programming is a plus.
- Experience with other programming languages (C, Perl, Bash, ...) is a plus
- Experience compiling and packaging Debian packages is a plus.
- Experience with open source security tools (OSSEC, OpenVas, Suricata, Nmap, Nfsen, ...) is a plus.
- Other tools: Git, Jira, Jenkins, IntelliJ IDEA, ...
WHAT YOU GET:
- A competitive compensation that includes base salary + equity.
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance and accident insurance.
- Flexible benefits (lunch, childcare and travel).
- The opportunity to build innovative, scalable technologies with the global leader in unified security management.
- Work with a company that has been won numerous industry awards.
- Idioma: Inglés (Alto)
- Experiencia: 2 años
- Formación Mínima: Grado EEES (Bolonia)
- Nivel Profesional: Empleado
- Número de puestos: 4
- Tipo contrato: Indefinido
- Jornada: Jornada completa
- Honorarios: No especificado
- Incentivos: Tickets Restaurant, Seguros privados, ...
- Otras Provincias: Barcelona , Madrid , Málaga , Sevilla y Valencia