Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within HomeAway for Software Engineers, located in our Madrid office.
Challenges you can work on:
- Create experiences seen by over 100million people a month: your code will impact millions of potential travelers globally
- Be part of a fast paced environment, at the cross section of travel and marketing technology industries
- Develop optimized pages to have the fastest load times on the web
- Scale services that can handle 10+million events daily
- Engineer smart services that will allow for real time in-session personalization based off user behavior and data
- Develop scalable, secure, tested and reliable applications for a distributed SOA environment
- Endless opportunities to grow your career the way you want
What you’ll do:
- Owning new features from inception to production release, working across the company with different teams in an agile environment
- Dedicated to delivering tested and optimized high performance code for a distributed SOA environment (our stack satisfies 10s of thousands of requests per second!)
- Create and maintain quality software using best-in-class tools in a continuous integration and delivery lifecyle: Git, Splunk, New Relic, Sonar, Jenkins and TeamCity
- Committed to ruthlessly rewriting, refactoring and perfecting code
- Conduct peer code reviews and act as a resource for junior developers
- Find creative and simple solutions to challenging problems
Who you are:
- BS or MS in Computer ScienceEngineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with Scala/Java 8+ basedREST and service-oriented architecture
- Knowledge of some of Dropwizard, Akka, AWS, Cassandra, Docker, Kafka, Finagle, Linkerd, Mesos, NoSQL,ElasticSearch, Hadoop, Smaza or Spark
- Experience of TDD/BDD testing frameworks
- Experience managing and monitoring a production environment with tools such as Splunk or New Relic
- Strong software development skills: knowledge of Agile methodologies (Kanban/Scrum), configuration management, issue tracking, estimation
- Fluency in SQL and or NoSQL datamodels
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Casual dress
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world´s travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people´s lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you´re applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple.
- Idioma: Inglés (Alto)
- Experiencia: 3-5 años
- Formación Mínima: Grado EEES (Bolonia)
- Nivel Profesional: Especialista
- Tipo contrato: Indefinido
- Jornada: Jornada completa
- Honorarios: No especificado
- Incentivos: Annual bonus, health and insurance benefits