MDPI (www.mdpi.com) is a rapidly growing and leading publishing house of academic open access journals. Our open access journals are freely available online. All articles published in our journals are peer-refereed, i.e., quality controlled by peer researchers working on the same subject area. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with three large offices in China, one office in Belgrade, Serbia, and one office in Barcelona, Spain.
You will be part of an international, young and dynamic team of software developers and be working on exciting projects to foster open access, open data, and open communication amongst scholars, and the linked sciences. We mainly work with Symfony framework on a LEMP stack (Linux, Nginx, MySQL, PHP), but additionally use a wide variety of other tools such as MongoDB, Redis, Memcache, or jQuery.
Also, you will be supporting the office, will work on daily IT tasks (local backups, security, etc.) and will be in charge of the maintenance of the existent website code. You will be the bridge between the main IT team and Barcelona office.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- 1+ years of work experience in the area of web and/or mobile development
- Experience with managing Linux/UNIX systems required
- Experience with Symfony PHP framework is a plus
- Interests in UX (user experience) and UI (user interface) a plus
- Experience with responsive design (e.g. foundation, bootstrap) a plus
- Experience with managing an Apache or Nginx web server environment a plus
- Experience with scalable server environments, PERL, Phyton, MongoDB, Redis, etc. are a plus
- Imprescindible Residir: Provincia Puesto
- Idioma: Inglés (Alto)
- Experiencia: 1 año
- Formación Mínima: Otra Formación Tecnológica
- Nivel Profesional: Empleado
- Tipo contrato: Indefinido
- Jornada: Jornada completa
- Honorarios: No especificado