We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer for our USM Engineering Team. The ideal candidate will become a core part of a team of talented engineers building innovative security software products. This is a highly technical position for someone that is comfortable working on a fast-paced release cycle.
The ideal candidate has a breadth of experience helping architect and develop large, distributed software systems with big data systems experience. Experience architecting and developing applications in PHP. Experience programming in Python and other languages a big plus. And of course, if you have an interest and/or background in security, we should talk.
AlienVault builds security software for global customers throughout North/South America, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Besides having the opportunity to work for an award-winning company offering an award-winning product, you’ll have a chance to work with some of the brightest minds in the security industry.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Collaborating with other senior technology leaders to develop architectural roadmaps while providing - expertise on the platform architecture.
- Designing system architecture and software components that align with AlienVault’s business strategies and objectives.
- Provide expertise on engineering best practices, standards, architectural approaches and complex technical resolutions for processes.
- Oversee quality improvement using Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) efforts to ensure that deliverables are secure, scalable and reliable
- Work closely with the CTO/SVP Engineering and Engineering Team Leaders to plan and execute software engineering development cycles in an Agile environment.
- Lead and build strong global software development engineering teams and a strong, positive software engineering culture.
- All other duties and responsibilities and may be assigned
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 3+ years software development and architecture experience.
- 3+ years object-oriented PHP experience.
- Strong background in solving concurrency and horizontal scalability problems.
- Experience building / consuming REST APIs.
- Experience with high throughput, scalable, systems.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL database systems.
- Strong data analysis skills leveraging various technologies.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and ability to excel as part of a geographically diverse team.
- Comfortable with Agile development practices like unit tests, and code reviews.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with relational databases, especially MySQL.
- Experience with PHP frameworks (Zend Expressive, Laravel, Symfony, ...) is a plus.
- Experience with CSS preprocessors LESS/SASS is a plus.
- Experience with NPM, Grunt, Node.js, Bower, Webpack is a plus.
- Experience with PHPUnit and Robot Framework is a plus.
- Knowledge of quality tools (PHP Code Sniffer, PHP Mess Detector, ESLint, ...) is a plus.
- Experience with other programming languages (Python, Perl, Bash, ...) is a plus.
- Experience in Network and Application security is a plus.
- Familiarity with open source security tools: OSSEC, OpenVas, Suricata, Nmap, Nfsen, ...
- Other tools: Git, Jira, Jenkins, intelliJ IDEA, ...
WHAT YOU GET:
A competitive compensation that includes base salary + equity.
The opportunity to build innovative, scalable technologies with the global leader in unified security management.
Work with a company that has been won numerous industry awards.
- Idioma: Inglés (Alto)
- Experiencia: 3-5 años
- Formación Mínima: FP2/Grado Superior
- Nivel Profesional: Empleado
- Número de puestos: 2
- Tipo contrato: Indefinido
- Jornada: Jornada completa
- Honorarios: No especificado
- Incentivos: Ticket Restaurant
- Info Otras Provincias: Córdoba , Jaén , Madrid , Málaga y Sevilla