We are looking for a NoSQL Database Administrator to join our expanding IT Operations team. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the performance, availability, and security of clusters of NoSQL instances in a mixture of containerized and non-containerized environment. They will also be responsible for orchestrating upgrades, backups, provisioning of database instances and day-to-day maintenance of Production and Non Production Databases.
• Design, deploy and support high available and scalable distributed NoSQL database for high volume transactions
• Ensure performance, security, and availability of 24x7 mission critical databases in a mixture of containerized and non-containerized environment.
• Cross Data Centre Replication
• Config Management using Puppet,Ansible, Terraform
• Automation using Shell, Python, configuration management
• Database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, deployments etc.
• Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary
• Ensure Change management process is followed
• Collaborate with other team members and business stakeholders
• Maintain and develop data models, structures, and procedures to ensure the integrity of all database components
• Prepare crystal clear documentations and specifications including database design and coding standards
• Provide 24x7 support during on-call support rotation schedule
Skills and Qualifications:
o 8+ years overall IT experience, with 2+ years’ relevant experience in the following:
o Nosql databases/datastores e.g Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Neo4J etc.
o Strong Linux Administration Skills
o Scripting languages like Shell, Python or Ruby
o Docker Containers
o Config management tools like Puppet, Terraform and Ansible etc.
o Code versioning tools like GIT and SVN
o Proficiency in database management duties
o Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team
o Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
o Up to date knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices
o Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
o Knowledge of other Database technologies (MySQL, Oracle, SQLServer,…)
o Knowledge of *nix tuning would be helpful
o Previous Training or Certifications would be a plus
o Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent education
- Idioma: Inglés (Excelente)
- Experiencia: Más de 5 años
- Formación Mínima: Otra Formación Tecnológica
- Nivel Profesional: Mando Intermedio
- Tipo contrato: Indefinido
- Jornada: Jornada completa
- Salario: No especificado