Perfil del Candidato:
Direct experience in Layer 3 Services and Technologies, including, but not limited to the following:
- Excellent understanding of IP Fundamentals and various Protocols, including OSPF, ISIS, EIGRP, RIP and BGP
- Working experience with implementing, diagnosing and troubleshooting IP Access, MPLS and VPN solutions across a pan European network
- Knowledge of SDH / PDH: WDM technologies and standards, diagnostics and troubleshooting is desirable
- Understanding the provisioning and maintaining of IP, Ethernet and Optical services across Backbone Networks
- Excellent knowledge of LAN (Ethernet) based products
- Experience of UNIX based applications and trouble-shooting tools such as Telnet, FTP, TFTP, Traceroute and preferably some scripting (Perl, Expect, shell).
- Experience of one or more of the following Network Management and Support systems: Netcool, SMARTS, CiscoWorks, InfoVista, TACACS, Vendor Specific Element Managers.
- Experience in working with global providers, NOC and Field operators for technical issues
- A logical approach to fault finding and troubleshooting
- Ability to control and co-ordinate complex technical situations in a calm and professional manner
- Excellent customer facing skills, dealing with specialist requests regarding Overall Solutions and not limited to a single Technology.
- Customer focused and able to communicate effectively skills with all required parties including internal/external network partners and customers
Datos del Puesto:
The role purpose is to work within a team of highly experienced customer supporting engineers, with full responsibility for resolving customer faults and problems occurring on Colt’s Optical and Ethernet products and services. This includes end-to-end ownership, co-ordination and management of tasks assigned to other teams and network partners.
- Proactively monitor, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve faults across a pan European MPLS Infrastructure and a range of IP services according to product SLAs, up to 3rd Level Support.
- Knowledge or experience with interfacing into Optical and Ethernet-based Networks would be advantageous
- Participate in a 24/7 shift pattern
- Have full knowledge of customers bespoke networks and services
- Providing a professional interface to customers, acting as a Single Point of Contact for all their issues.
- Build and maintain working relationships with key interconnect partners and vendors
- Manage and coordinate tasks assigned to other teams, such as Field Maintenance or Technical Assistance Centre
- Maintain a clear and accurate record of events throughout a fault duration utilising Colt’s Remedy based Fault Management System and provide regular updates as and when required
- Resolve or escalate faults as appropriate, according to product SLAs
- Identify, Plan and Implement solutions for re-occurring Problems on IP and Ethernet Networks.
- Technical report generation for customer RFO/RCA requests
- Technically manage software upgrades in co-ordination with vendor and Colt teams involved