On behalf of Thomas Cook, Ciklum is looking for a Middle Java Developer to join the Malaga team on a full-time basis. This is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting Team that delivers a standard-bearing product within the travel industry.
As a Java Developer you will be part of one of the squads in the Booking API tribe. The tribe is responsible for a flexible booking platform, which is used by the different sales channels of Thomas Cook (website, mobile application, 3rd parties, …) in the different markets we operate in (UK, BE, …). The squad you’ll be working in uses scrum, and we focus on agile delivery, using Continuous Integration and Delivery. The new services we develop are hosted on AWS.
Thomas Cook Group plc is one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups. Thomas Cook is supported by 21,000 employees and operates from 16 countries; it is number one or two (by revenue) in all its core markets. Thomas Cook Group plc’s shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (TCG).
The Company’s very essence is to deliver inspiring personal journeys as the trusted pioneer in global travel. The core of our strategy is to deliver a high-tech, high-touch approach and being there for their customers wherever, whenever and however they want to connect with Company.
• Designing and building large scale java applications that scale to billions of pounds in revenue and thousands of requests per minute;
• Providing thought partnership with business and product owners in translating high value business ideas into beautiful and innovative software solutions;
• Providing technical excellence on team to ensure quality first mindset, simple architecture and highest code quality;
• Writing great software adhering to agile software engineering practices (e.g. DRY principles, TDD, continuous integration, automated tests, etc.)
• Java 8 (strong knowledge)
• Spring 3.X, Spring boot 2.X, AWS;
• Testing: JUnit, TestNG;
• DBs: MySQL (or Oracle), PostgreSQL, MongoDB (or any NoSQL database);
• API Definition: RAML, …
• Design patterns, Integration patterns;
• Others: Maven, Github, Continuous Integration, Jenkins, Docker, REST;
• Fluent English.
• Spring Cloud, Spring Integration;
• Message brokers;
• Enjoys and gets energized by complex problem solving and ability to push the innovation on solutions;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to deal with ambiguity and drive independently (or collaboratively with team) on solutions.
What’s in it for you?
• Ability to work on challenging, large project with complex high load e-commerce platform;
• State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions;
• Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client;
• Competitive salary;
• Career and professional growth;
• Possibility to work in a big and successful company;
• Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits.
Ciklum is a top-five global Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum´s employee, you´ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams.
Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the IoT World Hackathon in the USA, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!
- Experiencia: 2 años
- Formación Mínima: Bachillerato/COU
- Nivel Profesional: Especialista
- Tipo contrato: Indefinido
- Jornada: Jornada completa
- Salario: No especificado