On behalf of Addison Global, Ciklum is looking for Middle/Senior Java (Scala) Backend Developer to join Malaga team on a full-time basis.
Addison Global Limited (addisongloballtd.com) is a new online gambling company based in Gibraltar building the best of breed mobile sports betting and gaming experience. We are attracting extraordinary and passionate people to build and scale our fast-growing company, by working in a fast-paced and inspirational environment.
You’ll be developing reactive and highly scalable components that will comprehend our backend systems. If you’re passionate about distributed systems, reactive and functional paradigms, get ready to get your hands dirty with technologies such as Scala/Java, Akka, Kafka and Cassandra.
As part of our culture, we embrace collaboration and contribution as key factors for success and we believe work should be both fun and challenging. Don’t be afraid if you don’t have experience on a specific topic or technology, we’re continuously learning and helping each other develop their skills!
What we value:
• Well-designed solutions and components that are flexible and easy to use
• Discipline in test coverage and delivering a quality product
• No premature optimization, but performance as a key metric
• Automate all the things!
• Hum0ur :)
• Develop Akka based microservices using Scala/Java and scale them out by using the clustering and sharding capabilities.
• Apply Event Sourcing, Backpressure and CQRS patterns when applicable.
• Containerize microservices using Dockers to improve testability, portability and deployability.
• Produce property based and unit tests to help ensuring the quality of the code.
• Design REST and/or Message based APIs and outline the interactions amongst them.
• Provide feedback to the architects on the designs so we get to improve our architecture through experience.
• Contribute on improving the development lifecycle and mentor other members of the team.
• Deep knowledge of the Actor Model and experience with the Akka Framework.
• Solid hands on experience on Functional/Object-Oriented Programming and developing Scala/Java applications.
• Experience with REST APIs and Message Brokers.
• Solid experience with GIT, SBT/Maven.
• 5+ years of IT experience
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related disciplines.
• Mastery of the Giphy plugin in Slack
Nice to have:
• Microservice oriented architecture and patterns such as event sourcing and CQRS.
• NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, DynamoDB, Riak.
• Akka Extensions: Clustering, Sharding, Streams, Distributed Pub/Sub.
• Testing libraries: ScalaTest, Specs2, ScalaCheck, Mockito.
• Containerization with Docker.
• A knack for benchmarking and optimisation
• Familiarity with Bitbucket, JIRA and Confluence.
• Experience with Agile Development Process (Scrum).
• Love for innovation and new technologies
What´s in it for you?
• Work in an environment made by people who wants to drive technology and not to follow;
• Your opinion matters;
• Great team;
• Great place to make products customers love;
• State of the art, cool, centrally located office with warm atmosphere which creates good working conditions;
• Competitive salary.
Ciklum is a top-five global Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum´s employee, you´ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the IoT World Hackathon in the USA, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!
- Imprescindible Residir: España
- Idioma: Inglés (Alto)
- Experiencia: Más de 5 años
- Formación Mínima: Licenciado
- Nivel Profesional: Especialista
- Tipo contrato: Indefinido
- Jornada: Jornada completa
- Honorarios: No especificado