- An experienced systems administrator who’s worked with Unix/Linux systems (Redhat/CentOS Linux) in a large-scale, distributed Linux production set-up
- Familiar with scripting languages such as Bash and Perl
- Familiar with Python and/or Ruby development
- Someone who’s maintained a large-scale DNS environment, and knows how to nip problems in the bud
- Able to build open source software (like Apache and MySQL) from source code
- Clued-up on enterprise level virtualisation (mainly VMware)
- Highly organised, a stickler for detail and great at keeping people informed and up to date
The IT Operations Support Group is responsible for all Network, Telecommunications, Infrastructure, Systems, and Support services globally. This group of highly skilled and technical individuals play a vital role in ensuring business success through product and service management, provisioning, and uptime of these vital services.
Our technical adviser on all things Linux, you’ll help a global service delivery team keep our 24x7, mission-critical Linux environment stable right around the world. We’ll look to you for input on technical initiatives and recommendations. And we’ll rely on your expertise when it comes to maintaining, supporting and optimising key functional areas.
What you´ll do
- Oversee our Linux systems – installing, monitoring and fine-tuning them and sorting out any system or network problems
- Support users on everything from setting up new accounts to updating the DNS, and troubleshoot email environments and apache configurations
- Build new servers, set up test servers for new applications and develop new Linux-based architecture
- Check out third-party products, keep on top of advances in technology, and make sure we always work in the most effective ways
- Develop and deploy internal tools for system administration automation and self-service products
advancements to provide recommendations for the ongoing improvements to our networks.
- Idioma: Inglés (Alto)
- Experiencia: Más de 5 años
- Formación Mínima: FP2/Grado Superior
- Nivel Profesional: Empleado
- Tipo contrato: Indefinido
- Jornada: Jornada completa
- Honorarios: No especificado