Modern Tribe is looking for a Lead Backend Developer with advanced WordPress experience to join our services agency.
This role will offer you the opportunity to become a leader within our tribe. You will be helping to build and inspire an awesome dev team working on innovative and large scale WordPress installations. We are looking for a backend developer that is already actively working in the WordPress website and plugin development field. You need to be up to speed and knowledgeable about the most recent releases and standards of WordPress. We want you to be as excited and as passionate as we are about what we are creating with the platform.
Please note: This is not an entry-level position. Experienced WordPress developers with team leadership experience only!
As a Lead WordPress backend developer at Modern Tribe, some of your key responsibilities will be:
* Collaborate with the project strategist, team, and customer to articulate the best technological solution for the problem at hand
* Analyze user story acceptance criteria to ensure the technical feasibility and point out potential issues
* Lead a team of developers to make sure we can deliver on time, on budget and on scope
* Architect and develop new backend features and plugins, custom functionality and theme integration
* Write high quality code with readability, efficiency and maintainability in mind
* Develop and maintain complex WordPress-based applications
* Implement complex features using modern PHP code and patterns while following standards
* Code review the work of other developers
* Improve our internal tools, libraries and standards
* Actively participate in our scrum and development meetings
* Work with the team to diagnose and resolve backend bugs and support requests
* Mentor junior developers
Knowledge & Experience
* 5+ years experience working as a backend web developer on production sites
* 2+ years focused on leading the technical direction of a team and mentoring development team members
* Extensive experience implementing complex WordPress sites
* Skilled at crafting modern PHP
* A comprehensive understanding of what it takes to write secure and performant code
* Thorough knowledge of MySQL
* Ability to work remotely with little-to-no supervision
* Excellent understanding of OOP, software development life cycle, and best practices
* Experience working with at least one automated testing framework
* Experience with continuous integration and automated deployment pipelines
* Unit Testing
* Experience with JS application frameworks
* Experience with server technologies like Redis or ElasticSearch
* Remote work experience
Pay range is commensurate with qualifications and experience. For this gig we are looking for freelance contract roles of 15-20 hours per week of work. We are always seeking longer relationships.
Modern Tribe is committed to a culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. We foster an environment of collaboration, open engagement, fairness and respect regardless of differences in age, race, disability, national origin, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. As a hybrid workspace ranging from distributed contractors to traditional employees, we value the unique perspectives and experiences of our global team.
We come from all walks of life. We are small business owners. We are tattoo aficionados and 80’s movie buffs and ex-pats. We are homeschool teachers. We are single parents. We are musicians, college drop-outs, and entrepreneurs. We are travelers, feminists, runners, volunteers, and makers. We are a Modern Tribe.
Everyday we strive to fulfill our motto: live well and do good work. We hope you will consider joining us.
- Idioma: Inglés (Medio)
- Experiencia: Más de 5 años
- Formación Mínima: Sin estudios
- Nivel Profesional: Especialista
- Tipo contrato: Freelance/Autónomo
- Jornada: Por horas
- Salario: No especificado