Perfil del Candidato:
On behalf of Thomas Cook, Ciklum is looking for a Java Developer to join Malaga team on a full-time basis. This is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting Team that delivers a standard-bearing product within the travel industry.
You will be part of a development team involved in designing and building large high-load java applications based on Solr.
Requirements (Experience in):
• Designing and building Java applications
• Inverted indexes (eg. Solr, Lucene, ElasticSearch)
• Integration and design patterns
• Writing and deploying large scale Java codebases and thorough understanding of building and packaging such applications with Maven
• Building/maintaining continuous integration and deployment environments (e.g. Jenkins, Travis-CI, Chef/Puppet, Cruise Control)
• TDD, automated testing and other software engineering best practices (e.g., performance, security, BDD, etc.)
• Developing RESTful API services (http, caching) or SOAP services
• Using both relational and non-relational data-stores (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, Riak)
• Using open source technologies and eager to learn new technologies
• Developing distributed software, concurrency at the JVM level (multi-threading) and in clustered systems (multi-vm)
• Designing for performance, measuring performance and analysing disk, network or cpu bottlenecks
• 5+ years of general programming experience in java
• Python or Jython is a strong plus
• UML or other design methodologies
• Excellent communication skills (incl. English) with the ability to influence senior business, developers and IT executives on Agile Culture and Software Quality best practices
• Other JVM languages (Groovy, Scala, Clojure)
• Functional programming
• SOA and integration frameworks based on Enterprise Integration Patterns (Camel)
• Spring framework and/or Mule ESB
• Linux or UNIX
• Infrastructure as code tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
Datos del Puesto:
The team is responsible for the search engine powering the main eCommerce platform of Thomas Cook. It consists of websites in multiple markets where Thomas Cook operates. The search engine based on Solr exposes several web services to the front-end. Team’s responsibilities: maintaining, optimising and expanding these web services and the processes that create the search indexes; business configuration tools, including a web-based UI; tools for operational management of the whole system.
The back-end services are high-performance, highly available clustered Java applications with replicated and partitioned storage. Business configuration tools - Java. Operational tools - a mix of Java and Python. Java technologies - Mule and JSF.
Work process - Agile Scrum (2 week sprints, 2 week delivery, testers in the team, devops in the team to automate deployment and the usual scrum ceremonies); close collaboration and direct communication with eCommerce platform teams that also work on Scrum.
• Design and build Java applications that scale to millions of customers, billions of pounds in revenue and thousands of requests per minute;
• Provide thought partnership with business and product owners in translating high value business ideas into beautiful and innovative software solutions;
• Provide technical excellence and leadership on team to ensure quality first mindset, simple architecture and highest code quality;
• Write great software adhering to agile software engineering practices (e.g. DRY principles, TDD, continuous integration, automated test)
• Review code and provide mentorship of other developers in the agile development team.
What´s in it for you?
• Challenging project
• State of the art, centrally located offices with great working conditions
• Work directly with client
• Competitive salary
• Career and professional growth
• Work in a big and successful company
• Long-term employment with 23 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits