e3 Systems specialises in providing communications solutions for Superyachts. We think of these yachts as floating offices that we need to support. We are looking an IT/Network field engineer to join our team of IT and Communications’ specialists. The job will be based in Mallorca however you will also be required to travel to yachts.
• Installation of IT and network hardware to e3’s standards and specifications.
• Cabling and rack building, including physical installation of non-network related hardware and cabling when required.
• Configuration of all current and future e3 Systems IT and Network products and technologies.
• Support of e3 customer’s IT and network systems. Onsite troubleshooting and diagnosis of faults and issues with e3 IT / Network systems.
• Site surveys, hardware information gathering, and pre-installation documentation of customer systems.
• Creating and maintaining e3 IT / Network documentation using e3 standards and templates.
• Assisting with any e3 IT / Network support duties undertaken in the Support Operations Centre (SOC).
• During time spend in the SOC, you will be expected to monitor the customer system status screens and react to any alerts or alarms that are generated by the monitoring system.
• Assisting with the server and network maintenance schedules as defined in our IT / Network support contracts.
• Assisting the sales team with pre-sales technical support when needed.
• Helping promote e3’s products and services wherever possible.
• Maintaining at all times high standards of quality control and health and safety.
• Field engineer experience with background in Systems Administration.
• Cisco CCNA certification or similar industry qualifications required.
• At least 2 years´ experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Cisco network and Microsoft server environments.
• Must have excellent documentation skills and be familiar with change management and project planning procedures.
• Must have excellent communication skills, be able to work under pressure, and maintain excellent client relationships.
• Fluent English, both spoken and written in order to give clear, precise and confident telephone and email support to clients.
• Good customer service skills with proactive approach to problem solving.
• Confident and clear telephone manner is essential.
• Must be a good team player with the ability to act professionally and responsively.
• Must be willing to travel at short notice
• Must possess a valid EU passport and full EU driving licence.