Keysight Technologies is market leader in electronic test & measurement products and applications. Through our 75 years history as Hewlett-Packard and Agilent Technologies, we have innovated through new business expansion.
Job Description - R&D Engineer 5G - Software Layer 1
Come work for the leading test company in the world, to develop C++ SW for the new 5G wireless communication standards!
The R&D Physical Layer C++ SW Engineer will be responsible for the design and implementation of C++ based physical layer modems for 5G wireless communications standards.
More specifically, the applicant will be responsible for:
- Developing reference models for 5G wireless communications physical layer standards.
- Implementing and verifying physical layer SW running on a multi-core embedded processor using C++.
- Collaborate in the architecture and requirements definition of physical layer designs for wireless communication standards.
- Drive resolution of technical issues with cross-functional teams. Escalate issues in an appropriate and timely manner. Apply advanced problem solving to complex modem/protocol subsystem problems.
The desired candidate should:
- Have C/C++ programming experience (ideally in real time systems).
- Have knowledge of the 3GPP LTE-Advanced or the 5G physical layer standards.
- Be familiar with Layer 1 and/or Layer 2 protocols for digital communication standards.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with revision control systems such as mercurial or git.
- 8 years minimum of relevant experience with typically 10-12 years.
- Experience developing in C/C++ for a real-time OS (e.g. VxWorks, RTLinux), for embedded SW and for multi-core processors (experience programming for PowerPC will be valued in particular).
- Experience with architecture, design and implementation of the physical layer or the MAC/RLC/PDCP layer of one or more of the following wireless communication standards: 5GNR, 5GTF, LTE, UMTS, GSM, TD-SCDMA, Bluetooth, WiFi, WiMAX, NFC.
- Bachelors, Master University Degree or equivalent in Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Great communication and team work skills.
- Business-level English, written and spoken.
Additionally, the following qualifications will be valued but are not a must:
- Other C/C++ programming experience requiring high performance and/or low level hardware control (e.g. games, drivers).
- Experience with simulation and modeling of digital communications systems, using Matlab, Simulink, Python, C/C++ or other simulation and modeling languages and tools.
- Experience writing tools (in a scripting language, C# or C/C++) and performing test automation, particularly controlling instruments through a SCPI interface.
- Experience with architecture, design, verification and debug of RTL (VHDL/Verilog) targeted for FPGA and/or ASIC, including debug in RTL simulation or lab environment.
- Basic understanding of signal processing and RF concepts
- Experience using test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, signal generators, etc.
- Idioma: Inglés (Alto)
- Experiencia: Más de 5 años
- Formación Mínima: Postgrado EEES (Máster)
- Nivel Profesional: Especialista
- Tipo contrato: Indefinido
- Jornada: Jornada completa
- Salario: No especificado
- Incentivos: Medical Insurance, Pension, Lunch Ticket