We are looking for a Sr. Back-end engineer with 5+ years of experience that is passionate about the Software, Internet and Communications world to lead the software architecture of an international project joining our Madrid engineering team.
WHO YOU WILL BE WORKING WITH
Epic Labs is a Team of top software engineers with years of deep expertise in different areas of Internet, B2B applications, Content Delivery Networks and video transmission technologies... The potential for learning and growth are huge.
We are looking for someone with talent and that is eager to learn and participate of a creativity and innovation culture while giving their best to help us achieve our objective of delivering for our customers applications that are absolutely excellent.
AREAS OF WORK
The responsibilities of a Sr. Back-end engineer at Epic Labs are to integrate him/herself in the engineering Team working together on these areas:
Participate and lead the design and architecture of one or more projects. The Team follows Agile/SCRUM methodology tailored to each product or project
Work together with the Scrum Master to understand constraints, requirements and research areas coming from Stakeholders and Product Owner
* Research technologies to solve a particular problem, delivering test code that demonstrates what has been found and that helps with the integration of the result in the main codebase
* Understand and analyze Customer’s systems and existing architecture to discover integration points
* Coach less experienced team members
* Work with the team to ensure deliverables are of high quality and up to spec, exceeding expectations
* Collaborate with the team implementing functionality to deliver user stories.
What are we looking for? Fundamentally, passion for what you do!
* 5+ years of software architect or software engineering experience in any well-known software environment
* A degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications Engineering, a similar degree or equivalent knowledge out of your personal experience that you can demonstrate
* High English level. Ability to write clear documents in English such as designs as well as problem resolution reports. Most engineering meetings take place in English, and the Product Owner and the rest of stakeholders communicate with us in English.
YOU SHOULD BE FAMILIAR WITH
* Software development life-cycle (requirements, design, implementation, testing and releases). Source code control systems like Git
* Test-driven development methodologies, frameworks like Mocha, Jasmine, Karma
* Linux/Mac OS and bash command line
* Containerization and Docker
* Network protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP and REST APIs
* Database design and distributed systems and databases such as MySQL, Postgres and others of ”NoSQL” type like MongoDB
THE SOFT SKILLS, PROCESS AND METHODOLOGIES
* Agile Experience
* JIRA (or other Agile tracking tool) experience
* Work with an outstanding Team of software engineers
* Get involved in international Tier 1 projects
* Flexible working hours
* Occasional flexible hours to work from home
* Sweet equipment: Top Macbook Pro or Lenovo depending on your skills and taste
* Enjoy the Labs!: an open-space laid back working environment
Inspiring environment to learn and develop yourself with training opportunities
* Propose and develop personal projects
* Share breakfast with the Team and occasional lunch at the Labs
- Imprescindible Residir: Provincia Puesto
- Idioma: Inglés (Alto)
- Experiencia: Más de 5 años
- Formación Mínima: Ingeniero Tecnico
- Nivel Profesional: Empleado
- Tipo contrato: Indefinido
- Jornada: Jornada completa
- Honorarios: No especificado