With almost 7 000 employees, the European Patent Office (EPO) is one of the largest public service institutions in Europe. Its headquarters are in Munich and it also has offices in Berlin, Brussels, The Hague and Vienna. The EPO was founded with the aim of strengthening co-operation on patents in Europe. Through the EPO´s centralised patent granting procedure, inventors are able to obtain high-quality patent protection in up to 44 countries, covering a market of some 700 million people. The EPO is also the world´s leading authority in patent information and patent searching.
We are currently seeking material scientists, with a Master´s degree in engineering, physics, chemistry or natural sciences, to work as European Patent Examiners in the area of the following technical fields:
The Hague and Munich
- Polymer chemistry and applied polymer technology
- Medical Technologies
- Handling & Procesing, 3D Printing
- Measuring & Optics
- Electrical and Electronic Technology Engineers & Scientists
- Information & Communication Technologies
- Technical Chemistry
- Audio Video Media and Signal Processing
Your main responsibilities
- Carrying out patent examination from the search to the post-grant stage, and solving complex technical and legal problems in the process
- Taking a broad perspective to identify solutions whilst ensuring the uniform and effective application of the EPC (European Patent Convention) and other legal texts
- Creating and maintaining classification systems to ensure efficient and effective searching
We expect you to be able to:
- analyse technical and subject-specific information
- retrieve technical information from databases and other sources
- analyse and compare technical matter according to the legal provisions applicable
- make decisions following the assessment of complex technical information, the application of legal requirements and the examination of parties´ arguments
- write clear and well-reasoned communications
- interact with colleagues and applicants to process patent applications efficiently
- Master´s degree (or equivalent) in engineering, physics, chemistry or natural sciences. The degree should be relevant to the technical field(s) indicated in this vacancy notice.
- Generally, an excellent knowledge (at least C1) of one official language (English, French and German) and working knowledge (at least B2) of the other two. In exceptional cases, excellent knowledge (at least C1) of one official language and working knowledge (at least B2) of another. In such cases, the willingness to learn the third language and to reach Level B2 within three years would be required.
- Work experience in industry would be advantageous.
- Citizenship of one of the member states of the European Patent Organisation.
Our next recruitment events will take place in The Hague from 04.03.2019 to 08.03.2019 and in Munich from 11.03.2019 to 15.03.2019. As a general rule, you will be invited to the location (Munich or The Hague) for which your application is being considered.
At the end of our recruitment process, suitable candidates are either directly appointed to a vacant post or added to the EPO Talent Pool for a period of 18 months. We may use the Talent Pool to fill vacant posts with a similar profile.
- Experiencia: 1 año
- Formación Mínima: Postgrado EEES (Máster)
- Nivel Profesional: Especialista
- Tipo contrato: Indefinido
- Jornada: Jornada completa
- Salario: 60.000€ - 80.000 € Bruto/año
- Info Otros Países: España
Completa el formulario en su web.
Esta candidatura no estará reflejada en tu cuenta.
Tus datos se almacenan directamente en la base de datos de la empresa.