An opportunity has arisen for an experienced, full-time IP Network Engineer to join our Broadband & Transport Networks (BBTN) team in Gibraltar, to work within a dynamic and diverse engineering environment. The position offers a unique and challenging exposure to the wide spectrum of Service Provider technologies and solutions.
As an Enterprise & Transport Network Analyst, the candidate shall work to maintain the high standards of both extant and future technical solutions.
The ideal candidate must possess a solid track record within the IP networking realm, and hold extensive experience across key technology remits, including an ability to:
• Configure, provision and install physical hardware including at customer premises
• Provide pre-sales support during the service selection process
• Undertake Operations and Project based task delivery, in line with business objectives
• Support the Design, Test, Upgrade & Validation of enterprise network elements
• Test and validate functionalities to be used in the production network.
• Assist in equipment evaluations, vendor selection, ratification testing and network design, to support network evolution
• Provide fault resolution, including supplier engagement
• Support day-to-day activities include support requests, troubleshooting and system maintenance.
• Support the product life cycle, ranging from design, installation, integration, testing, documentation, and training.
• Document methods and procedures for troubleshooting.
• Integrate new services into the Network Operations Monitoring platforms for 24/7/365 proactive monitoring
• Maintain the Metro WIFI and Enterprise WIFI networks
Qualifications / Skills
The Analyst, Enterprise Access role requires competence in the following key areas:
• Configuration and administration of Cisco, Juniper, or equivalent routers and switches.
• Network security concepts – ACL, NAT, IPSEC, and SSL
• Knowledge of Cisco WIFI portfolio, including Wireless Controllers, Access Points and other backend elements (desirable)
• Experience working with DNS, DHCP, Radius and other commonly used protocols
• Strong communication skills, written and spoken.
• Strong customer management skills.
• Knowledge of Metro Ethernet architecture, Next Generation Packet transport technology, MEF standards.
• Basic Knowledge of Ethernet Switching technologies and Protocols (EPL, EVPL, ELAN)
• Experience working with IPv4, IPv6, QoS, Multicast, MPLS, IP Routing Protocols like ISIS, OSPF, BGP, L3VPN, L2VPN.
• Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities.
• Strong understanding and experience working with Fibre Optic networks and Ethernet services
• Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively, as required
• Attention to detail and good troubleshooting practice
• Knowledge of network testing standards, EtherSam, RFC2544, Etherbert, etc.
• Basic knowledge of Transmission technologies, WDM, OTN and SDH (desirable)
• Support the operation and perform scheduled maintenance outside of the core business hours
• Willingness to travel, in line with business requirements
• Support the maintenance of the Gibtelecom international POP
Cisco or Juniper Service Provider certifications or equivalent experience is expected
• CCNA or JNCIA (mandatory)
• CCNP or JNCIP (desirable)
Education and experience:
• Bachelor´s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications or a related field or equivalent work experience in a network engineering or operations environment.
• 5+ years of telecommunications experience working for or with service provider networks (enterprise access perspective).
- Imprescindible Residir: Province
- Idioma: Inglés (Alto)
- Experiencia: 3 años
- Formación Mínima: Ingeniero Tecnico
- Nivel Profesional: Especialista
- Tipo contrato: Indefinido
- Jornada: Jornada completa
- Salario: No especificado
- Info Otros Países: España