Perfil del Candidato:
- knowledge of different technology areas and is developing technical skills under the guidance of technical lead engineers
- systems support or system management experience;
- Excellent phone and communication (written and oral) skills
- Customer and service oriented
- Committed to providing quality service & results, ready to make a positive difference
- Proactive and stress resistant
- Ability to quickly learn technical information
- Ability to take decisions quickly and efficiently
- Team Spirit
- Availability to work in shift
- Must be able to speak & write in English•
Good to have:
- Good knowledge in at least 2 of these environments: Windows 2003 Server, Windows Server 2008, Active Directory/DNS/DHCP, IIS5.0 & 6.0, ISA Server, VMWare Infrastructure, BLACKBERRY, Microsoft Exchange and/or Unix: Solaris, Linux, Redhat, VMWare Infrastructure, Sun Storage, Network: router, firewalls
- Formal IT qualification , MCP, MCSE, CCNA
- Computer science degree or equivalent
Datos del Puesto:
Supports the Technical Services and Support function under the guidance of technical lead engineers
- A Service Desk engineer will work in a centralised 24x7 technical support team based in Barcelona whose responsibility is:
- First level technical support services to customer solutions.
monitor and manage customer solutions, located across multiple Data centres in Europe.
- Proactively and effectively responding to alarms generated either by the configured system tools or directly from the customer.
using the knowledge of the customers solutions, detailed technical knowledge and appropriate procedures to resolve faults within SLA.
- Monitors, tracks and reviews the progress of an incident and request, keeping the customer informed resolution for incidents and requests
- Accountable of customer communication
- Manages and owns incidents via telephone, e-mail, web reporting or Managed IT or network monitoring tools
- Documents, records and updates incident details
- Ensures that the queue status remains minimal
- Updates and maintains knowledge management database and customer documentation
- Report to Team Leader any critical issue related to customer issues
- Maintain contact with Customers according to priority and SLA