GrayHair Software, based in the Greater Philadelphia, USA, is an industry leader in postal solutions. We have an open position to be part of our virtual tech team.
We have members spread across the world USA, Mexico, and Spain. The candidate joining our team will enjoy a flexible schedule, remote work, an innovative and collaborative environment, working with the latest technologies and with a group of great engineers and professinals. You can find more information here.
The relationship between our virtual tech team and our company is a contractor relationship. We are able to offer competitive rates for our contractors so you can be totally focus on our business.
All communication will be in English: email, chat, documents, code and conference calls. So good English skills are required. Since this is a remote (virtual) position, we need someone that has good communication skills and that can manage and document his work.
The candidate must be a team-oriented person. He/she needs to be able to take input and opinions from stakeholders and team-members in a constructive way. It is also expected from him/her to give his input on how to improve things to other team members.
We expect the person fulfilling this role to handle day to day operations of our production systems, and to work on the set up of any new component. We expect the person fulfilling this position to take the lead in infrastructure projects and to take ownership of several functional areas like security and monitoring of several components of our architecture. He will be part of a tech force of 25 engineers. 5 of which will be focus on infrastructure, and other 10 will be supporting DevOPs tasks.
Our solutions process around 100M of records daily. We have datasets in the order of hundreds of TBs. In 2018 we will be re-architecturing our solutions. In 2018 we will be transitioning big data processes from SQL server to Hadoop. The candidate should expect to work with AWS, Cassandra, S3, Chef, TerraForm, Docker, SQl server, EMR, FTP, AWS Lambda, CloudWatch, CloudConfing, CloudTrail, Linux and Windows servers, web servers, etc.
Must to have skills
- Fluent in English
- Advanced skills in planning, designing and troubleshooting complex security environments
- Working knowledge of endpoint protection technologies such as Antivirus, Personal Firewall, Disk Encryption, etc.
- Experience with IAC frameworks like Salt, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, and container technologies like Docker.
- Experience with Cloud providers like Google, AWS (preferred), Azure, Rackspace, etc.
- Administrative Automation using VBScript / PowerShell
- Experience with Continues Integration and Continoues Deployment sets up, and procedures.
- Assist in server installations, configurations, solutions design and implementation
- Troubleshooting of server systems and network systems
- Working knowledge of networks, DNS, DHCP and Active Directory environments.
- Assist with some end user troubleshooting and help maintain workstations.
- Provides emergency on-call support on a rotating schedule (duty shared with another 4 engineers).
Nice to have
- Experience with HIPAA compliant and PCI compliant productions set ups and procedures.
- Experience with security audits
- Experience with AWS tools like Cloudfront, CloudTrail, EC2, Kinesis, VPC, etc
- Experience with Microsoft Cluster Services, MSSQL Server, Cassandra, Kafka,
- Setup and configure virtual machines and VMware vCenter ESXi nodes
- Load Balancer Management / Configuration
- Proficient in FTP to configure and maintain file transfers for business customers.
- Experience in designing and implementing perimeter security solutions including: firewalls VPNs, Secure Web Gateway solutions, Microsoft, VPN remote access and Cisco.
- Idioma: Inglés (Alto)
- Experiencia: 3 años
- Formación Mínima: Ingeniero Tecnico
- Nivel Profesional: Mando Intermedio
- Tipo contrato: Freelance/Autónomo
- Jornada: Jornada completa
- Honorarios: 36.000€ - 45.000 € Bruto/año