Be a key driver on BASF´s path to digitalisation by supporting existing products and initiatives as well as innovate additional digital solutions that supports BASF´s global businesses.
Role specific activities (what is expected of you):
You will be part of the unit Knowledge Innovation, responsible for a knowledge system containing a huge number of scientific documents. You will be working in an international group and a dynamic environment. Your responsibilities will include:
• Closely collaborate with the product team to understand demand and content, work out and implement new features enabling dynamic, fast and insightful interaction with data
• Create highly automated cloud environments using infrastructure as a code (Terraform) and manage our cloud workload using container orchestration (Kubernetes and Docker).
• Implement security principles and align with our external security consultants to achieve maximum security for confidential data
• Administrate our development tools (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, ¡) to ensure a stable and reliable development
• Work in an agile environment
Required (Education, Additional Qualifications and experience):
• A degree in computer science, software engineering, or mathematics/natural sciences or similar experience
• 3+ years of experience working in a DevOps environment using containers and container orchestration.
• 3+ years of experience using public cloud environments to build secure systems for confidential data - ideally in Microsoft Azure
• 3+ years of experience using Linux and Python
• Several years of experience in operating complex IT systems with a high degree of automation. Having demonstrated a high level of diligence
• Proven experience working with big data at scale - ideally with document data, highly parallel programming and having demonstrated algorithmic thinking
• Experience setting up and operating graph databases, full-text search engines, document-oriented databases and messaging systems - ideally Neo4j, ElasticSearch, MongoDB and RabbitMQ and ideally in a cloud environment.
• Experience managing development tools and CI/CD pipelines
• Fluent communication in English is required
Nice to have
• Semantic technologies, information extraction and retrieval, NLP, machine learning
- Experiencia: 3 años
- Tipo contrato: Indefinido
- Jornada: Jornada completa
- Salario: No especificado