Ria Financial Services was founded in 1987 and it is today the third largest money transfer company in the world, with a global agent network of 350,000 locations in more than 140 contries. In addition to money transfer services, Ria offers Foreign Exchange through its own retail network.
Ria’s mission is to be the most progressive money transfer company in the world, offering service excellence and the most competitive and reliable remittance payment services to its customers. Ria is also committed to best-in-class business relationships with its global agent and correspondent network, based on the principles of mutual respect, fairness and generally accepted business practices.
This is a MS SQL Server DBA role largely responsible for providing operational database services to the organization. We are looking to fill this role with a highly competent and highly motivated individual. This is a production DBA role and will require a commitment on your part as well as ours. Some of the primary responsibilities of this role includes owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests within provided SLAs, reviewing service related reports (e.g.: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with database engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
This MS SQL Server DBA role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes. Lastly, the Production DBA Team is required to follow an on-site/on-call rotation including weekends to support the production environment. This on-call rotation includes DBA’s from USA and Spain to help provide 24 by 7 coverage.
• Experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server. Managing multiple MS SQL 2005, 2008, 2008R2 and/or 2012 instances.
• Experience with SQL Server Replication.
• Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
• Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
• Experience/knowledge of Log Shipping
• Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server.
• Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
• Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
• Good communication and documentation skills.
• Experience handling and managing SQL databases in a real time production environment with sizes around 500+ GB
• 4 + years’ experience of SQL Server database administration within a high volume, transaction-oriented web environment
• Hands-on experience in relational database architecture, data modeling, database design, (logical, physical)
• Familiarity with tools and software products for data model, schema development and master data management
• Excellent organizational and workflow skills; ability to work on simultaneous projects with diverse working groups
• Self-motivated, responsible, and accountable
• Ability to work well independently and within a fast-paced, team-oriented environment in English since there will be daily calls with the US team.
• Ability to follow standard processes and communicate effectively with the team regarding technical, progress and critical issues
• Ability to educate, communicate and present effectively with business and IT stakeholders to gain consensus on database initiatives.
- Idioma: Inglés (Alto)
- Experiencia: 2 años
- Formación Mínima: Ingeniero Tecnico
- Nivel Profesional: Especialista
- Tipo contrato: Indefinido
- Jornada: Jornada completa
- Honorarios: No especificado
- Incentivos: Tarjeta Cheque Gourmet
- Info Otras Provincias: A Coruña , Asturias , Murcia , Salamanca y Toledo