Our client is a global leader in Marketing Technology. They are a high-growth, venture-backed, multi-award winning technology company with offices in the UK, Australia and the US. As one of the UK´s fastest growing businesses (being a member of the Accelerate 250) our client offers an extremely exciting, dynamic and high-potential working environment. They currently have offices in New York, Boston, London, Singapore, Sydney and they are looking to open there new Global Engineering Hub¡.in Barcelona!
This new opening is a strategic project for our client in order to hold their growth. You will start by building out a new data engineering team in Barcelona to complement the mature Frontend team they already have in London. This will be a hands on role initially in which you will provide valuable oversight, coaching and mentoring to junior engineers until transitioning that responsibility to engineering managers who report to you.
The perfect Chief Technology Officer must have a strong experience building, managing and guiding engineering teams. You should have a proven track record of effectively advocating for engineering teams to management: demonstrating the ability to persuasively explain to leadership & investors why a non-revenue generating task has to be performed before a customer requirement.
You should be a strong advocate for agile development best practice and have either specific sector knowledge of online advertising or, failing this, experience with internet scale low latency applications. You should also have a strong engineering background; sufficient to hold their own technically with senior engineers.
- Build out a Barcelona based engineering team to complement the existing mature agile team in London
- Own engineering budget
- Collaborate closely with the product team to achieve company goals
- Advocate for the needs of engineering at executive and board levels
- Work with the Engineering Director to curate and further develop a culture of trust and self-organisation
- Manage engineering managers as well as individual contributors
- Coach and develop individual contributors
- Own hiring for the engineering function
- Challenge, provoke and support team on technical decisions; especially architectural decisions
- Own long-term engineering quality
- Promote best practice according to agile principles
- Promote technical excellence, including where appropriate, cutting edge new technologies
- 3+ years experience in an engineering management role
- 5+ additional years experience as an individual contributor in an engineering role
- Proven track record as an advocate for agile development
- Proven track record advocating for engineers to senior management
- Proven track record designing intelligent and effective software architectures
- Proven track record working directly with a product team
- Digital advertising industry background or internet scale low latency applications
Experience with the following engineering approaches:
- Single page applications
- Clean code
Experience with the following technologies:
- Machine learning (any)
- Big Data technologies (Spark/Flink/Kafka)
- Experiencia: Más de 5 años
- Tipo contrato: Indefinido
- Jornada: Jornada completa
- Salario: No especificado