Perfil del Candidato:
Near Technologies and Red Hat are looking for an opportunity to work with a group of interns to research and develop an enhancement to one of the Red Hat product in its cloud portolio. This enhancements will be done through collaboration in the upstream project ManageIQ
Near Technologies is one of the main Partners of Red Hat in Spain and is willing to collaborate with them in this project.
We want to investigate new ways of creating and showing chargeback/showback information within the ManageIQ single plane of glass, using SCRUM and Agile methodologies to code a complete substitution of the current one:
- Gather information from the different platforms supported (Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, VMware vCenter, RHEL OpenStack, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Hyper-V VMM), and create a standard representation of it that can be fed to external systems (i.e. telco billing, utilities billing, ERP) in a timely manner.
- Create an economic model of a cloud environment. The platform will allow customers to assign costs and income to different elements and users (i.e. a cost accounting model) and calculate results.
- Define and code a visual dashboard to show graphical information to users about their consumption. And integrate it with the reporting engine.
- Projection of costs and revenues based on historical data.
What we offer:
- The possibility to participate in an open source Project.
- Mentorship around cloud, billing and charging and their day to day usage in real implementations.
- Coaching on collaborating on Open Source communities.
- A grant to be assigned depending on capabilities.
Datos del Puesto:
- Strong knowledge of English, as all the communications will be done in English (both oral and written)
- Willingness to learn and work with Open Source Software, as all the code will be released under the Apache Public License
- Self-driven, hacker-style mind, capable of autonomously decide and act within the boundaries of the project
- Good Programming skills. The project is being developed in Ruby and Ruby on Rails (http://manageiq.org/documentation/development/) Due to similarities, Python would also be appreciated. We would consider any candidate with real experience in any object based language and/or web, specifically AngularJS
We will provide support for non-programming skills needed for the development. In any case, an ideal candidate will have or be ready to learn the following skills:
- Knowledge of Linux OS, preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux or similar (i.e. Fedora, CentOS)
- A working knowledge of cloud management products, cloud business models
- Knowledge of cloud industry, data centers, virtualization, telco billing and/or cost accounting
- Experience working with Agile/SCRUM/TDD/DevOps/Open Source/Rails/AngularJS
- Candidate should be in the last year of his studies, ideally working on his project or postgraduate