We are looking for a junior data analyst who can provide a positive contribution to our data scientist team. The ideal candidate combines good technical credentials, focused on data science, more specifically in, in statistics and operations research, with the ability to inspire and a desire to reinforce the Beedata team. We also prioritize gender balance, so that we are looking for women profiles
Beedata (www.beedataanalytics.com) is a start up company born one year ago from the International Center of Numerical Methods (CIMNE, www.cimne.com) in Catalonia, and has a small and focused software engineering team based just a few kilometers (35Km) from Barcelona city, in the city of Terrassa. The office is just a few minutes walking from the train station (both FGC and Renfe), which means around 40 minutes by train from the center of Barcelona.
Beedata is a data science and analytics company aiming to get accessible Big data technology for small and medium energy retail/distribution companies all over Europe and Latam. We provide deep insights into consumption to help residential and tertiary customers understand their use and become more active «prosumers». At the same time we provide business driven insights to utilities to better engage their customers, as well as to improve their operations and customer service.
By analyzing the smart meter data and other relevant information from customers of the energy providers (both residential and commercial), we provide deep insights into consumption to help customers understand their use and become more active «prosumers», and utilities to better engage their customers, as well as to improve their internal processes like call center and sales. We offer a complex SaaS platform to deliver our open source big data analytic techniques at scale, and deliver the benefits of this augmented data back to both utilities and their customers through API’s or web applications. Our entire stack is based on Hadoop framework, and core programming languages and frameworks / libraries include Python, Pandas libraries and R statistics.
• Support to the implementation of new cleansing, clustering and forecasting algorithms
• Support to the implementation of business driven metrics
• Mine large data sets
• Support to the improvement of current analytics backend features and verification process
• Support engineering team in analytics deployment
• Degree and/or master in statistics, mathematics, computer science or engineering
• 1-3 years of related experience as a Data Scientist, Machine Learning engineer or similar
• Demonstrable proficiency in statistics and operations research
• Experience in time-series analysis
• Knowledge of R and Python
• (desired) Experience in Big Data technologies: Hadoop, Spark
• (desired) Experience in the energy industry (utilities, renewables, ..)
• Passionate about analytics
• Focus on Agile development methodologie
• Version control system knowledge (GIT)
• Full-time or part time contract, or even remote work.
• Collaboration with university research group (Beegroup-CIMNE)
• Flexibility. Part time of the job at home and reconciliation of work and family and other life motivations
Salary rates: From 29.000 to 33.000 €/yr depending on experience and location.
- Idioma: Inglés (Medio)
- Experiencia: 2 años
- Formación Mínima: Grado EEES (Bolonia)
- Nivel Profesional: Empleado
- Tipo contrato: Indefinido
- Jornada: Jornada completa
- Honorarios: 27.000€ - 33.000 € Bruto/año
- Incentivos: flexibilidad laborarl, trabajo en casa
- Otras Provincias: Baleares , Castellón , Girona , Lleida y Tarragona